Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Up North

Tharren had a rare weekend off so we headed North to Mackinaw Island for a few days. I was totally miserable with a cold but took some strong cold medicine and tried not to complain too much. Which Tharren would say I did a terrible job at. It was cold, in the low forties but we bundled up and saw the island and the beach. Aside from freezing, we ate, swam, and read by the fire in our hotel. The kids were happy and it was a fun little get away. I am sure not ready for the winter and I feel like it has already settled in here, it is supposed to snow Friday. Are you kidding me?! Why on earth do we live in this state anyway?! Oh yeah, a little thing called residency, over-rated!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

steve and margo said...

So grateful to be living vicariously through you! You have amazing experiences. The pictures are all wonderful...great scenery, great photographer and fabulous family! Hope we will be able to make this journey with you sometime before you leave Michigan!
Love & hugs, Grammie & Papa